MBBR :- Moving Bed Bio-film Reactor (MBBR) Technology
Moving Bed Bio film Reactor (MBBR) processes improve reliability, simplify operation, and require less space than traditional wastewater treatment systems.
WAPP offers the Pre-Engineered STP based on the MBBR Technology. This easy-to-install STP is a standardized engineering product developed with in-house R&D. It gives clients the flexibility to customize the plant according to their requirements. The Pre-Engineered STP plant is modular and scalable and ranges in variable sizes depending upon client requirement. Besides, process automation makes it a simple yet intelligent product offering
MBBRs incorporate benefits provided by both fixed film and activated sludge processes. The MBBR process is a continuous flow process which uses small high density polyethylene (HDPE) carrier elements to provide sites for active bacteria attachment in a suspended growth medium. This allows a higher concentration of active biomass to be maintained in the reactor for biological treatment without increasing the reactor size. The result is more treatment capacity within a given reactor volume, resulting in a smaller footprint compared to a conventional activated sludge process. In addition, unlike the conventional activated sludge process MBBRs do not require return activated sludge pumping.
MBBR technology employs thousands of polyethylene biofilm carriers operating in mixed motion within an aerated wastewater treatment basin. Each individual biocarrier increases productivity through providing protected surface area to support the growth of heterotrophic and autotrophic bacteria within its cells. It is this high-density population of bacteria that achieves high-rate biodegradation within the system, while also offering process reliability and ease of operation.
This technology provides cost-effective treatment with minimal maintenance since MBBR processes self-maintain an optimum level of productive biofilm. Additionally, the biofilm attached to the mobile biocarriers within the system automatically responds to load fluctuations.
- Compact Design – A fraction of the size of conventional systems
- Expandable – Capacity can be easily upgraded by simply increasing the fill fraction of biofilm carriers
- Single Pass Process -No return activated sludge stream required
- Load Responsive -Actively sloughed biofilm automatically responds to load fluctuations
- Minimal Maintenance -No F/M ratios or MLSS levels to maintain
MBBR processes are an excellent solution for common wastewater applications including:
- BOD Reduction
- Total Nitrogen Removal
Advantages of MBBR
- Maximum Surface Area generated per unit volume.
- Highly efficient multi- purpose media.
- Most efficient weapon for biological treatment.
- Provides high oxygen transfer efficiency in wastewater treatment. Chock free and entire surface exposed for biological treatment.
- Extremely high organic loading rates possible in biological treatment.
- High efficient, hence resulting in energy saving.
- Backwash for cleaning operation simple and easy.
- Reduces plant size and space saving.
- Cost effective, easy to install and maintain.
Why WAPP ?
MBBR treatment is based on aerobic Moving Bed Bio Reactor in which microorganisms is grown on the moving bed. The media consists of specially designed spiral media. The benefit of MBBR media is there are least chances of choking and if the system is designed with reasonable loading rates, the system stability can be better.
WAPP offers the right selection of process, with the right loading rates, for stability of process and proven design (by experience), to offer all the advantages of attached growth processes and long life of the system.
Membrane Bed Bio Reactor based compact system for high-end water quality applications.