SBR Technology or sequential batch reactors are a type of activated sludge process for the treatment of wastewater.
About SBR Technology
Sequential batch reactor (SBR) is a fill and draw activated sludge treatment system. Although the processes involved in SBR are identical to the conventional activated sludge process, SBR is compact and time oriented system, and all the processes are carried out sequentially in the same tank.
React – Periods of aeration and/or mixing are applied to achieve the desired biological treatment.
Settle – Aeration and/or mixing are discontinued allowing solids to settle to the bottom of the basin leaving a layer of clear, treated water at the top.
Decant – The clear, treated water is removed by an automated, time-controlled decant mechanism.
Advantage of SBR Tech
SBR has a unique feature of very stable sludge characteristics and enhanced biological nutrient removal. It provides for low capital and operating cost, an improved performance over other technologies. Apart from reliability in process, it improves the settle ability of sludge that is produced in the process.
- Biological process can be controlled by changing the time sequence
- Highly flexible operation to handle low/high hydraulic/organic load
- Smaller footprint required.
- Provides high quality treated water, which can be used in irrigation, flushing and other recycling processes.
- Equalization tank may not be required. It can directly handle the peak flow. No clarifier required.
- Primary sedimentation not required. Only recommended for large plants from energy recovery point of view.
- No separate laundry pre treatment required.
- Huge energy savings at partial and full load conditions
- Biological oxidation of Carbon, Nitrogen and Phosphorus in a single reactor. Highest BNR possibility
- Minimum chemical dosing required.
- Less number of working equipment hence low O&M cost.
- Can be retrofitted to existing systems.
- Lower sensitivity to sludge bulking
- High turn down ratio. Plant can be commissioned at very low loads.
- Holiday mode operation is possible.
WAPP as SBR Technology Provider
Since WAPP itself to be a SBR technology provider, we categorized the whole SBR.
Wapp is now offering SBR technology under the brand name of ‘Wappsys Oxybio’ with single or multiple tank configurations as desired.
We are continuously investing in the development of technology and now offering various variants as per the project/site requirements and also closely monitoring our plants through data logging / remote monitoring.
We offer post sales services in terms of remote monitoring/technical services, AMCs, O&M, comprehensive services for the comfort of our customers and have a service network with regional offices across India.
Our customers will be benefited in terms of mitigating the risk of substandard technology and non-standard design leading to poor performance. WAPP is offering all back up service support to make sure that each and every plant succeeds on ground in terms of quality/ quantity and offer recyclable water quality without any element of doubt.
As a technology provider Wapp plays an integral role in understanding the end client’s requirement in terms of capacity, outlet water quality, site constraints, automation etc and framing out the best suitable solution. Wapp undertakes the following steps for every requirement
- Basic Engineering
- Operating Cycle
- Process control
- Detailed Engineering
- Decanter System
- Remote Monitoring and control.